- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Linkevičius: Basis of strength of Baltic states is in unity
On 1 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius attended a conference at Stanford University to celebrate the 100th anniversary of independence of the Baltic states. The conference was organized by the Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS).
Minister Linkevičius, together with the Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs and the former Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves, took part in a round table discussion on the “Baltic exceptionalism”. It was chaired by the noted political scientist Dr. Anna Grzymala-Busse, Professor in the Department of Political Science at Stanford. In the discussion, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister emphasized that the basis of the strength of the Baltic states was in unity, but the EU‘s common external policy and strong transatlantic partnership were indispensable in ensuring security of the Baltic region.
During the visit to Stanford University, the Minister Linkevičius met with one of the most famous political science professors – Stanford University Professor Francis Fukuyama – and the former United States Secretary of State, Stanford University Professor Condoleezza Rice.
The Minister also visited the Hoover Institution Archives, which preserves a great collection of Lithuania‘s historical documents of the 20th century, and met with members of the Lithuanian American Community in Northern California.