- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
On 27 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with Mitsunari Okamoto, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan. The delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan came to Lithuania for the first meeting of the Japan-Baltic Cooperation Dialogue.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, together with the Ministers of Spain, Poland, Romania and Hungary, signed a joint letter to the European Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström, calling for an extension of anti-dumping duties imposed on imports of ammonium nitrate fertilizers from Russia.
The Seimas ratified the Accession Agreement of Lithuania to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) under an urgency procedure on 28 June 2018. After Lithuania deposits its ratification documents with the French Government, it will become the 36th full-fledged member of the Organisation.
On 4 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Economy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri.
The Permanent Representative of Lithuania to the World Trade Organization (WTO) Dalia Kadišienė has been appointed to head the Committee on Trade Facilitation of the WTO for the coming years.
On 28 February, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with members of the American-Lithuanian Business Council’s business mission.
At the end of January, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) launched the new update of the OECD Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI), which contains information on regulatory changes that affect trade in services in 44 countries. According to the document, Lithuania is among the top regulatory performers. The top ten countries with the most open markets for services trade are Latvia, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, Lithuania, Denmark, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the Czech Republic.
At the Eleventh World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference (MC11) on 11 December in Buenos Aires, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius met with the Director-General of the WTO Roberto Azevêdo and noted that Lithuania strongly believed that multilateral trade rules were beneficial and dedicated special attention to their implementation.
On 16 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius continued his visit to Singapore and met with Singapore’s Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan and the Senior Minister of State at the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Osman Maliki to discuss topical issues of the regional and global political agenda and cooperation in multilateral formats. Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasized the importance of expanding political dialogue, intensifying relations in the fields of science and innovation, and invited the Foreign Minister Balakrishnan to visit Lithuania. Linkevičius also called for the appointment of Singapore’s Honorary Consul in Lithuania.